Long Term Care Insurance For Peace of Mind and Independence
At Imagine Insurance Advisors, we strive to give you the information needed to make wise personal choices for your future. We believe that education is key to making that decision.
The best place to begin learning is with the basics. We'll address the following questions in easy to understand terms. If you are in our service area, we would love to meet with you in person to discuss these questions. Just use our online contact form to have us call you for a no-obligation appointment to discuss your long term care needs. Our speaker services can also provide a format to present these issues in a group setting.
- What is long term care?
- Where can I receive long term care?
- Will it happen to me, will I ever need long term care?
- What would long term care cost?
- What options do I have for paying for long term care?
- Won't Medicare or Medicaid pay for long term care expenses?
- What goes into a long term care insurance policy?
- Special options for business owners and businesses.
Long-term care is the medical, social, personal care, and supportive services needed by people who have lost their ability to care for themselves because of a chronic illness or condition.
Long term care services are provided when a person needs assistance (hands-on or stand-by) due to one of the following:
- Transferring (such as moving from a bed to a wheel chair)
Care services should be provided if that condition is expected to last at least 90 days. It may be something you will recover from such as a car accident or a be a permanent condition such as from a stroke.
Care services should be provided if you need substantial supervision due to a cognitive impairment. That means you are mentally not responsible for yourself and your affairs. Most people think of Alzheimer's disease or dementia, but it could also include mental illnesses.
The care provided can be skilled, non-skilled or custodial, depending on your specific care requirements.